Hortiindia 2012 (18-19 February 2012)
Hortiindia 2012 was inaugurated by His Excellency Dr Iqbal Singh, Lt. Governor of Puducherry. It was a two days workshop-cum-exhibition based on the theme “Innovative Production Systems in Horticulture”. The Workshop cum Exhibition entitled “Hortiindia” was organized to demonstrate the innovative technologies to the farmers to empower them with the latest techniques. “Hands on training” was provided by the faculty and the foreign visiting faculty of the institute from Israel, Netherlands, Thailand and China.
The distinguished luminaries who turned up and participated in different functions included:
- His Excellency Dr. Iqbal Singh, Lt. Governor of Puducherry.
- Sh. SriKant Kumar Jena, Hon'ble Minister of State (Independent) Statistics & Programme Implementation, Chemical & Fertilizer, Govt. of India.
- Padamshree Dr. K.L.Chadha, Chairman, IHT and Former Deputy Director General (Horticulture) ICAR, New Delhi.
- Dr. Swapan Kumar Dutta, Deputy Director General (Crops), ICAR, New Delhi.
- Sh.Sanjeev Chopra, Mission Director, National Horticulture Board, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture ,Govt. of India.
- Dr. Kirti Singh, Member Advisory Board, IHT and Chairperson World Noni Research Foundation.
- Dr.M.L.Chadha, Member Advisory Board, IHT and Former Regional Director South Asia World Vegetable Center, ICRISAT, Hyderabad.
- Dr.K.M. Bujarbaruah, Member Advisory Board, IHT and Vice Chancellor, Assom Agriculture University,Assom.
- Shri Sopan Kanchan, Member Advisory Board, IHT and President, Confederation of. Indian Horticulture & Grapes Growers Association of India.
- Dr. M.L.Chaudhary, Vice Chancellor, Bihar Agriculture University, Sabour, Bihar.
- Dr. Gorakh Singh, Horticulture Commissioner, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture Govt. of India.
- Dr Amrik Singh Sidhu, Director, IIHR, Bangaluru.
- Dr Ravi Kumar, Director, Central Institute of Subtropical Horticulture Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Dr S. K. Sharma Director, Institute Of Arid Horticulture, Bikaner.
International dignitaries participated in Hortiindia-2012
- Mr. Shmuel Katz- Israel
- Mr. Bas Meijndert- Netherlands
- Mr. Manoo - Thailand
- Mr. Lars Steffensen - China.
There was separate exhibition pavilion in which 85 exhibitors displayed different agri inputs and marketable products. This was inaugurated by the His Excellency Dr. Iqbal Singh, Lt. Governor of Pudducherry along with Padamshree Dr. K.L.Chadha Chairman IHT and was also attended by Union Ministers, Senior Bureaucrats, Present Vice Chancellors, Horticulture State Directors and other Directors from ICAR, CSIR, MoEF, Entrepreneurs and corporate sectors. During the two days more than 2000 visitors got exposure to Innovative production systems in horticulture along with information on GOI schemes of National Horticulture Mission (NHM) and other Govt. Schemes.
Glimpes of Hortiindia 2012